We are pleased to be teaming up with the International Society of Automation (ISA) to present a free webinar on LDAR Retagging and Revalidation Best Practices and Technology this coming Wednesday, August 26th at 12:00 PM EDT. Below you will find information on the content of the webinar, as well as registration details through ISA. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Eric Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shane Kling at email@example.com. We hope to see you there!
Retag or Revalidate? LDAR Industry Best Practices and Technology to Optimize Compliance and Return on Investment (ROI)
WHEN:Wednesday - August 26, 2015 12:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time
RSVP by Email: Rachael McGuffin to receive a calendar request
Maintaining accurate LDAR equipment inventories represents a significant ongoing challenge and compliance risk for owner-operators. LDAR retagging and revalidation projects can be very costly with numerous opportunities for inefficiencies, quality shortcomings, and budget overrun. Even when these projects are budgeted for – ranging from $10,000 to in excess of $1,000,000 – what approach achieves the highest level of compliance and optimizes return on investment to avoid re-entering the “retag cycle” after 5 to 7 years?
LDAR retagging is generally reserved for projects involving large-scale cleanup of routing and/or component identification, while revalidation involves a thorough compliance inventory review with anticipated, small-scale changes. Either process involves ensuring agreement in three areas (shown in figure at above):
- P&ID applicability review
- Field verification of tagged components
- LDAR database updates
Eric will share the results and lessons learned from case studies for recently completed projects on how Ei has supported in both strategies to either retag or revalidate LDAR compliance inventories. He will address the drivers for making a decision to retag or revalidate, as well as present varying technology approaches that can be easily implemented with nothing more than electronic scans of P&IDs in Adobe PDF format and a facility’s LDAR data.
By attending this webinar, you will learn about ways to address and overcome many of the challenges in completing retagging or revalidation projects, such as:
- Project Tracking and Accountability – Keeping track of P&ID markups, flagging, tagging, documenting, and/or revalidating progress
- Lack of Quality Controls – Bad data is collected, and later fixed, instead of preventing bad data from being collected
- Dealing With Paper – Cumbersome to manage, inefficient to update, easy to damage or lose
- Merging Old Tag History with New Tag – Merge old tag history onto retagged/revalidated components without straining I.T. resources.
- Minimizing Title V Deviations – Eliminating “false positives” as potential deviations and mitigate database recordkeeping risks
- Managing Field Redlines – Collecting and making sense of field-collected redlines to incorporate back into various plant compliance programs
- Ensuring Highest Level of Inventory Accuracy – Incorporating “trust but verify” QA/QC checks that validate work completed by the contractor
- Dealing with Future Change Management (P&IDs, Inventory) – Sustaining P&ID highlighting and equipment inventory accuracy after retagging or revalidation
- Reducing Time and Money Spent on Intermediate and Unnecessary Tasks – Flagging cards, manual compliance data entry, database QA/QC to fix technician errors
Meeting Number:748 705 780
Eric Allen is the Engineering and Operations Leader for Environmental intellect (Ei) and has supported more than 50 facilities in the refining, O&G, and chemical industries in the US and China. He has significant experience with LDAR auditing, inventorying, retagging, turnarounds, and program implementation. Furthermore, he oversaw implementation of the most rigorous 3rd party QA/QC mandates for Management of Change (MOC) under the BP Whiting Refinery Enhanced LDAR Program (ELP). He leads Ei’s team of chemical engineers and software developers to develop technology solutions to overcome challenges that many of us face in the LDAR industry.
To sign-up for this webinar hit this 'Reserve Your Seat Now' button
We look forward to sharing new-generation compliance technology that is advancing automation in the LDAR industry and creating new standards for compliance inventory management.